Consumer MathCategory: Mathematics
Consumer Math is an introduction to the many ways in which math can be used in everyday life. The course gives practical advice on how to handle situations that involve money and math principles. Consumer Math focuses on the basic skills and methods of arithmetic and provides students the opportunity to develop experience with algebraic techniques of evaluating variables and equations, including geometric formulas and interest equations. Students will also be introduced to topics in statistics.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- Use basic math operations on fractions, decimals, and
- Interpret graphs and
- Understand sets and basic set
- Calculate simple
- Calculate statistical measures of
- Use similarity and right triangle ratios for indirect
- Calculate taxes, discounts, and interest
Apply math to everyday concerns, as well as to the realms of business and government.