What’s Next After High School?
“It’s January and only four months left until I graduate”. A common phrase spoken by many students this time of year. First and foremost, do you have enough credits to graduate if you are planning to attend a College or University? Many schools of high learning require more than just the minimum required, e.g. Texas, Florida, Massachusetts , Florida, California, etc. The Bridge School can help you in adding addional course credits to meet College/University requirements RIGHT NOW, so you’re not “stuck” at the end of the school year. With an online format, you can take courses anytime.
Here are some paths you may consider to take:
- If you’re ready to select a career path, then a College or University is a good choice
- Take a Gap Year…this is for students who still want to attend college but rather take a year to develop by doing community service, missionary work, apprenticeship, or other meaningful work experience.
- Trade School…provides hands on training that enable a student to become an electrician, plumber, mechanic, heating & refrigeration to mention a few.
- The Military…is ideal if you thrive in a strict and structured environment, enjoy helping people and have a sense of adventure. ROTC is a great way to pay for college.
- Straight to Work…It can work well for a student if you need to earn money to pay for further schooling, not sure what you want to do with your life.
Just remember, look for a path that “fits” your needs.