Credits Recognized and Transferable?
Two of the most popular questions asked by students and parents are:
- Will credits earned at The Bridge School be recognized and also be transferrable to other schools?
- Additionally, is a high school diploma from The Bridge School recognized by colleges and Universities?
SACS – CASI Accreditation
With our SACS-CASI (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement) accreditation, The Bridge School has achieved the gold standard for credit transferability, diploma recognition, and credibility.
It is important to point out that credit transfers from any school are subject to approval from the school that would be receiving or recognizing the credit or diploma.The Bridge School has never experienced a problem with the acceptance of our diploma for college entrance.The Bridge School is also approved by The Texas Education Agency through our accreditation with the Texas Education Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC). Our school number is: 101-232-001
Broad Range of Courses with Complete Flexibility and Personalization
- Our AP courses meet the national standards that are used to approve these courses and assessments.
- Dual credit courses are approved by ACE member colleges and Universities (scroll below for more details).
- Over 260 high school courses, test prep and GED prep courses are available.
- Courses are available online 24/7/365.
- Courses are taught by certified online teachers who personalize each student’s learning experience.
- Many courses include a text reader to provide audio support in English, and can be automatically translated into a variety of foreign languages.
- A student may start their course work at any time. Course credit will be delivered when the student completes the course.
- Credit may be earned by exam or in credit recovery mode where lesson assignments are based on pretesting, if a student has previously taken a course but did not earn credit.
Dual Credit Course Accreditation Details
Here are some of the key quality standards you can count on with our dual credit courses:
- All of our dual credit courses go through an intensive quality review process by ACE CREDIT prior to being available to students. To date, ACE CREDIT has evaluated and recommended all of our dual courses for credit. Once you have completed a dual credit course, you are eligible to receive an ACE Transcript for credit transfer purposes.
- More than 2,000 colleges and universities consider ACE CREDIT recommendations and over 90 ACE member colleges and universities have guaranteed that they will accept all of our dual credit courses for college credit.
- Our dual credit courses have been recognized by The Distance Education Accrediting Council and received “Approved Quality Curriculum” (AQC) status, a quality recognition designed explicitly for providers of online courses.The DEAC is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S. Department of Education as a reliable authority on quality assessment of distance education.
The Bridge School offers two graduation plans:
- Recommended for College Readiness – 26 credits
- Minimum – 22 credits
In order to earn a diploma from The Bridge School at least 3 credits must be earned from The Bridge School.