To remain the premier destination for middle school and high school online learning, The Bridge School (TBS) administration attends workshops and conferences throughout the year.
From October 25-28th, our team was at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas for the annual iNACOL Symposium.
What is iNACOL?
The International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) is a nonprofit with the mission of transforming education towards student-centered learning.
Each year iNACOL invites educators, lawmakers, administrators and researchers to come together and discuss the field’s most relevant and impactful issues. This year’s conference boasted 3,400 individuals from around the world.
As the only international conference focused entirely on transforming K-12 education policy and practice through competency-based, blended and online learning, the iNACOL conference was four days of presenting valuable information.
There were over 200 sessions with engaging workshops, roundtables and thought provoking speakers including:
Keynote Speakers and Topics
- The End of Average: How We Succeed in a World That Values Sameness – Todd Rose, Co-Founder and President, The Center for Individual Opportunity
- Innovation for Equity + Redefining Student Success: Practitioner’s Perspectives-Virgel Hammonds, Chief Learning Officer, KnowledgeWorks
- Bending the Curve: Innovating Toward Excellence and Equity – Jim Shelton, President, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Throughout the professional development, knowledge sharing, and networking, the following points dominated the conversations:
- The need to end the idea of one-size-fits-all education
- That critical thinking skills and social development are just as important as math, science, and reading
At TBS, our dedication to creating a personalized online learning experience is evident in our enrollment process, student and teacher interaction, and the reviews from the students and parents who have trusted us.
If you want to know more about online education done right, Contact An Advisor Today!